Here Is A Tip from Lifestyle Pool Service For Your Swimming Pool During Winter
With the weather cooling, you can now run your pool pump a little less. This will at least save a bit on power.
However, if you have a Salt Chlorinator, be sure to monitor your chlorine levels each week to see if you need to increase the output of the salt chlorinator. remember, reducing the hours that your pump runs will reduce the running time of the Salt Chlorinator as well.
Also, in the Garden Route, we are prone to Berg Winds. On these hot days, it will be advisable to add a cup of chlorine to the pool and ensure Stabelizer levels are healthy. But be sure not to raise the Stabelizer levels too high as that can reduce the effectiveness of the free chlorine. But don't let the stabelizer drop low.
Keep your pool looking pristine during winter. Don't neglect the pH either, always check your pool chemistry weekly.
Are you managing your own swimming pool? We are sure many living in the Garden Route do, so if you perhaps at any stage are struggling with it and have tried to the best of your knowledge, but the pool water is still not quite right?
Well, simply give us a call or drop us an email and we will respond within 24 hrs to get your pool sparkling and healthy again. We are in Knysna ready to serve you.
Lifestyle Pool Service
Spring is definitely here in the Garden Route and all the proteas in Knysna are flowering so beautifully!
Visitors and tourists flocked in this week to enjoy the school break / vacation time, we had some lovely rains and today the sun is shining, offering us a stunning sunny day.
Your swimming pool needs to look pristine now and remain that way.
1. Check for visible leaks and have then repaired.
2. Test your water chemistry and balance correctly.
3. Replace any worn parts on that pool cleaner to keep it working optimally.
4. Increase that timer on the pump again if you reduced it over winter, especially if you have a chlorinator.
5. Replace the filter sand if it has not been done for about three to five years.
6. Maintain the water level mid weir, perhaps see if you can harness rain water to maintain it.
7. If the water is very cloudy, add a flocculant, follow the instructions on the bottle
8. If there are brown stains on the sides of the pool, treat with a Metal Remover, follow instructions on the bottle.
9. Check the pool every week including emptying the weir basket and pump basket of any leaves and grass.
10. Get in that pool and enjoy it!
Should you or a friend need any advice or assistance with your swimming pool, give us a call at Lifestyle Pool Service in Knysna 083-386-9374