Spring Swimming Pool Tips
Spring is definitely here in the Garden Route and all the proteas in Knysna are flowering so beautifully!
Visitors and tourists flocked in this week to enjoy the school break / vacation time, we had some lovely rains and today the sun is shining, offering us a stunning sunny day.
Your swimming pool needs to look pristine now and remain that way.
1. Check for visible leaks and have then repaired.
2. Test your water chemistry and balance correctly.
3. Replace any worn parts on that pool cleaner to keep it working optimally.
4. Increase that timer on the pump again if you reduced it over winter, especially if you have a chlorinator.
5. Replace the filter sand if it has not been done for about three to five years.
6. Maintain the water level mid weir, perhaps see if you can harness rain water to maintain it.
7. If the water is very cloudy, add a flocculant, follow the instructions on the bottle
8. If there are brown stains on the sides of the pool, treat with a Metal Remover, follow instructions on the bottle.
9. Check the pool every week including emptying the weir basket and pump basket of any leaves and grass.
10. Get in that pool and enjoy it!
Should you or a friend need any advice or assistance with your swimming pool, give us a call at Lifestyle Pool Service in Knysna 083-386-9374
Resident in Knysna